drcachesim tool is a work in progress. We welcome contributions in these areas of missing functionality:
- Multi-process online application simulation on Windows (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/1727)
- Offline traces do not currently accurately record instruction fetches in dynamically generated code (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/2062). All data references are included, but instruction fetches may be skipped. This problem is limited to offline traces.
- If an instruction with multiple memory accesses faults on the non-final access, the trace may incorrectly contain subsequent accesses which did not actually happen (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/3958).
- Online traces may skip instructions immediately prior to non-load-or-store-related kernel transfer events (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/3937).
- Online traces may include the committing store in the trace when a restartable sequence abort happened prior to that store (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/4041).
- Application phase marking is not yet implemented (https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio/issues/2478).